Sunday 5 February 2012

Kudos Searchlight!


After having a think and reading back through some of my previous reviews and articles, one blindingly obvious thing smacked me in face like that scene in Jackass 3D...



Anyway, the thing that struck me was that the majority of my most recent favourite films have been Fox Searchlight distributions. In fact, 3 out of 4 - so 75% of the strongest recent cinema has been selected and handled by the brilliant bunch at Searchlight.

So, let's recap those three films and I'll supply a snippet of what I said about them:


'The Descendants' is easily amongst my year's highlights and one could not recommend it enough. This is an affecting, deeply involving and supremely satisfying picture which captures everything that's great about the character-narrative balance.'



 'Martha Marcy May Marlene is a tense, demanding and spellbinding début feature that deserves an audience and attention - it's a masterpiece and a filmmaking landmark.'



'With Shame, McQueen has crafted a piece of beautiful yet devastating art that is undeniable, unforgettable and unimaginable...Not only is it the film that has affected me the most after watching, it's amongst the best films I've ever endured.'

So, if you haven't already noticed, Fox Searchlight are running away with the cinematic competition at the moment, and judging by these three pictures, catching up is going to be a tough feat.

CONGRATS SEARCHLIGHT!
Follow Fox Searchlight UK on Twitter - @SearchlightUK


No comments:

Post a Comment