Thursday 17 May 2012

Cannes 2012 - The Story So Far...


For those who didn't know, I'm here in Cannes for this year's film festival. I'm going to name-drop here and say that you can find all my reviews from the festival over at Filmoria so make sure you pop on the site every now and then over the next few days for content. Anyway moving on...

 I thought I'd use my site to mindlessly blog for a little bit about what's been happening since I arrived and quite a bit has happened actually. Firstly I had the difficult task of finding my bloody way around Cannes, locating my hotel, mastering which trains/trams/buses I need to use, how much stuff costs and oh yeah, being able to speak a bit of French for which I cannot do. I'm a pro at asking politely for a Goldfish but that's about it. I also had the delightful task of setting up my hotel room's Wi-Fi which was much easier said than done. 

 But now that stuff is out the way, I can focus on seeing movies, writing reviews, hopefully meeting some nice people and getting used to queuing. Queuing for screenings, queuing for food, queuing for toilets, queuing for press passes and so on. Soon enough the Croisette will promote queuing for oxygen...

 Anyway I'm going to shut up now and let you get on with your lives. More stuff to come soon. Au Revoir!!

No comments:

Post a Comment